Who is Morgan Freeman?
- The legendary Freeman was born on June 1, 1937, in Memphis, Tennessee. Freeman began acting at age nine. When he was 12, he won a statewide drama competition.
- Then, in 1955, Freeman turned down a partial drama scholarship from Jackson State University to enlist in the U.S. Airforce.
- After four years of service, Freeman moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. Freeman took acting lessons at Pasadena Playhouse, and dance lessons in San Francisco.
- Bouncing around from coast to coast, he also worked as a dancer in the 1964 World Fair in New York City and was a member of the Opera Ring musical theater group in San Francisco.
- His first film credit came in the movie “Who Says I Can’t Ride a Rainbow?” He also had roles in the soap opera “Another World,”and the PBS kid’s show “The Electric Company.” Freeman considers his breakout role, however, to be that of Fast Black in the 1987 movie “Street Smart.”
- Freeman then began to garner larger roles, starring in films such as “Driving Miss Daisy,” “Glory,” “The Shawshank Redemption,” “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves,” “Unforgiven,” and “Seven.” He won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in the 2004 movie “Million Dollar Baby.”
- Other notable films Freeman has starred in include “Bruce Almighty,” “The Maiden Heist,” “Red,” as well as “Batman Begins” and its sequels “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises.”
Puff or Pass?
So, we return to the burning question at hand: Does Morgan Freeman smoke weed? It turns out that Freeman has been one of the more candid celebrities when it comes to talking about cannabis.
He is a long-time user of cannabis and is a known advocate for the legalization of weed. According to Freeman, he began smoking after he got into a car accident back in 2008.
Freeman’s car skidded off the highway and flipped several times. His left shoulder, elbow and arm were shattered, and he still has only limited feeling in his left hand.
It was after the accident that Freeman’s wife suggested medicinal cannabis. Back during a press tour for his movie “5 Flights Up,” Freeman discussed his weed use:
My first wife got me into it many years ago. How do I take it? However it comes! I’ll eat it, drink it, smoke it, snort it! This movement is really a long time coming, and it’s getting legs—longer legs. Now, the thrust is understanding that alcohol has no real medicinal use. Maybe if you have one drink, it’ll quiet you down, but two or three and you’re fucked.
Final Hit: Does Morgan Freeman Smoke Weed?
Morgan Freeman is one of the rare celebrities that are refreshingly candid about their cannabis use. His openness about weed makes it easy to answer the question, does Morgan Freeman smoke weed. It’s an obvious yes.
In fact, not only is he open about his own use, but he’s also an advocate for it on a much larger scale. With all of the information we now have about the benefits of medicinal cannabis, it’s not hard to see Freeman’s thought process. Either way, it’s nice to have a voice like Morgan Freeman on the side of cannabis advocacy—literally and figurately.